The stock market has always been a place where the big boys go to invest their money. However, today, there is a new generation of people who are looking to get involved. Fortunately, there is a new way for beginners to get involved in the stock market. Since most of the new generation of investors are very technology savvy, they are able to harness the power of the Internet and mobile technologies.
Another nice thing about today’s advanced technology is that even the most established stock brokerage houses like Charles Schwab can offer very powerful solutions. This article is designed to introduce the reader to what Charles Schwab has to offer.
5 Things to be Aware of Before Joining Charles Schwab
- Charles Schwab offers 3 different ways to trade online – Charles Schwab has made it easy for new investors to get in on the action. By setting up a trading account you will have three different ways to make your trades. You can use the desktop application, the website portal, and their mobile trading app. All three give you access to all that Charles Schwab has to offer all of its members.
- StreetSmart Edge® trading platform – Charles Schwab developed it powerful new trading platform known as StreetSmart Edge®. The downloadable software goes right onto your computer. It is powerful, filled with tools, and is highly customizable. It puts all of the research that you need at your fingertips and you can put all of your trades together in one, easy to use dashboard.
- Schwab Intelligent Portfolios® – For those investors who prefer to have the investing done for them, Charles Schwab offers their Schwab Intelligent Portfolios®. It evaluates your investment needs and created an automated portfolio and manages all of the aspects of the portfolio. Since it is totally automated you pay no advisory or commission fees for the services.
- Commission-free online trades – Charles Schwab does not charge any commissions for its online trading. That applies to all three trading platforms, desktop, web portal, and mobile trading app. However, it does not include any options trading, there is a small percentage attached to those types of trades.
- Charles Schwab provides protection against certain losses – While stock trading has never been free of risk. That means that there are no guarantees of zero losses, however, Charles Schwab does have a loss guarantee. If you have losses due to fraudulent activity against your account, Charles Schwab does offer a guarantee of recovery of your missing funds.
Pros and Cons
Pros of using Charles Schwab Investments
● Three easy to use trading platforms to choose from
● All members have access to extensive research opportunities
● Many commission-free stocks are available
Cons of using Charles Schwab Investments
● Somewhat limited access to S&P 500 stocks
Charles Schwab was founded over 50-years ago and manages assets that total over $7 trillion. Today, they are a part of the financial industry that is introducing a new generation to the stock market. Taking advantage of the power of the Internet and advanced technologies to help today’s investment beginners get involved with the stock market. If you are looking to invest some of your hard-earned money and think that the stock market is a good place to start. Take a look at what Charles Schwab has to offer you.