Pepperstone is an Australian brokerage that started back in 2010. It is an online investment broker that serves people in Australia, the UK, and the EU. It was started to help beginners and casual investors have a way to get involved in the stock market. They don’t charge a lot of fees or require a high account balance, unlike the larger and more established brokerage firms used by the wealthy and high-end investors.
5 Things that You Should Know About Pepperstone Brokerage Before Becoming a Member
- Accounts are easy to set up – Pepperstone Brokerage makes it very easy for people all over the world to set up an investing account on their system. However, not everyone can sign up online, they cannot accept people from countries like; as the United States, New Zealand, Japan, and Canada. For everyone else, you can sign up online and provide all of the necessary tax and residence, and personal identification information.
- Low fees and minimums – Fees can and will be added to your account based on certain activities. The majority of the fees are relatively low, while others may seem to be a bit excessive. You can withdraw funds from your account using several methods such as bank transfers, credit cards, and electronic wallets (Paypal, Skrill) for free for Australian members, however, there will be associated fees for those members in other countries. There is no minimum deposit for getting started with your account.
- Powerful trading platforms – Pepperstone Brokerage offers its MetaTrader trading platform for all of its members on the web, mobile, and desktop. The powerful web-based trading platform gives its users full access to all of their trading data on an easy-to-use dashboard. The Meta Trader mobile app is available to all Apple iOS and Google Android users. It puts all of its member’s trading data in the palm of their hands. For desktop users, the Meta Trader platform can be installed on both Windows and Mac-based desktops, laptops, and tablets.
- Provides research and data access to its member – Pepperstone Brokerage gives all of its member’s full access to plenty of investing data. They have analytical tools and charts that provide a high level of trading information. This information can be accessed by all of its members by using their preferred trading platform. The Meta Trader platforms have built-in charting and management tools that allow the members to view all of the data that they have to offer.
- They provide educational information – If you are a beginner or casual investor and looking for help with investing, Pepperstone can help. They offer all of its members access to several educational information. They have online webinars, and training videos and you can even set up a demo account to learn about it.
Pros and Cons
Pros of investing with Pepperstone Brokerage
- Open investors in Australia, the UK, and European Union
- Lower to no fees for most account activities
- Offers all account holders more than 150 investment opportunities including Forex, Cryptocurrencies, and CFDs
Cons of investing with Pepperstone Brokerage
- You cannot open an account if you live in the US